Below are 7 areas which people often forget to protect from the sun and can cause serious sunburn and skin damage...
1. Ears: Have you ever had blistering, peeling ears? Well, it's pretty painful and not a good look. Don't forget to apply sunscreen on your ears, the upper area and behind them.
2. Eyelids: It's a very delicate area, where the skin is sensitive and thin. Category 3 sunglasses will help protect the eyes as well as a wide brim sun hat.
3. Hair line and hair part: The top of the head is an area where the sun's rays hit hard.
4. Back of neck: Getting a sunburn in that area can be prevented by wearing a collared shirt, applying sunscreen and a wide brim hat or a hat with a flap at the back.
Wide brim sun hats and legionnaire style sun hats provide good coverage and protection against the sun's UV rays. They will keep your face, ears, hair part and hair line protected. Favour a wide brim sun hat to a cap as it will provide you with more sun protection.
5. On top of the feet: If you're swimming or walking in the water along the beach, remember to reapply sunscreen when out of the water.
6. Under straps: Straps, clothing and swimsuits move throughout the day. Take special care and apply sunscreen not only to the areas around your clothing and swimsuits, but directly underneath them too. Favour clothing that covers large areas of the skin to minimise this problem.
7. Back of the arms, legs and under arms: Wear sun protective clothing that block UVA and UVB rays and covers those areas otherwise, remember to apply and reapply sunscreen regularly.
An easy, comfortable and reliable way to stay sun safe is to wear Solbari. Our stylish UPF50+ products keep you protected so you can enjoy your day in the sun in confidence all day long!
The SOLBARI Team
This blog post is for information purposes only.
Here, we bust the myths about melanoma, skin cancer and sun protection. We give you healthy tips about UPF50+ sun protective clothing and SPF50+ sunscreen.
Over the coming weeks, we will be publishing more stories from our Solbari Community with a mission to help raise awareness about skin cancer, melanoma, sun protection, and skin conditions.
If you are interested in sharing your story, please answer our questions from the relevant questionnaire and send us a picture of yourself being sun safe in the outdoors.